Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dad's Suprise 60th Birthday

While we were home, we celebrated my dad's 60th birthday.  Dad wanted to know early in the week what my mom was cooking while we were going to be home so Mom told him that we would probably go out on Saturday since she would be tired after the shower so Dad went with it and made it easy.  My mom and sister planned the event and did a great job.  Mom sent out evite invitations to a bunch of people to meet at the Pizza Hut.  I wasn't sure if he was going to figure out what all was going on, but we managed to keep it a secret.  Dad was very surprised and I think he had a really good time. 
We put up a bunch of pictures of Dad over the years and he got a bunch of funny gifts and cards.

Unfortunately, my sister ended up getting diagnosed with the flu on Saturday and she was really bummed at not being able to go. So, she came, despite how bad she felt and had to wear a mask (as you can see from the pics). Blesss her heart!

I enjoyed hearing stories of my dad over the years.  Some of which I just found way too funny.  I think my dad is one of the funniest people I know! I'm glad I got to hear him being roasted by his buddies!  ;-)

On his actual birthday (a couple days later), my mom got him a "Older than dirt" cake and took it to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment