Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Baby Shower Recap and More Catching Up

We have been very busy in the Wheawill house and it has been non stop since the nice baby shower that was thrown in Grundy on the 19th of Feb.  So, I think I'll start there since that's where I left off.  I was really looking forward to going back home. We hadn't been since Thanksgiving and had a lot of fun things planned. I had family that made the long trip to come as well. My Aunt Susan and Uncle Rob came in from Raleigh, NC and my Aunt Margaret and Uncle Brian came from Atlanta, all of whom I hadn't seen in over 8 months.
We had such a nice weekend in Grundy and it went by way too quickly.  The ladies at the church that I grew up in threw an awesome baby shower.  Matt, Baby W, and I feel very well loved.  I am fortunate to have been raised with such a wonderful church family. 

The ladies from the church really outdid themselves and Baby W's room is filled full of all kinds of things.  I'm sitting in his room right now admiring all his goodies as I write and upload pictures for the blog post. 

I loved the decorations.  My understanding is that they may have received some inspiration from the blog.  :-)  The theme was sports related with emphasis on VT Hokies. 

The food was delicious.  The ladies at the church are all such fabulous cooks.  Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to share other than the cute cake.

Here I am with such good friends that I grew up with at church.  Beth (on the far right of the pic) and I are a day apart in age and have literally known each other since birth.  In fact, we first met at the hospital.  It meant a lot to me that she wanted throw this shower for me.  Thanks Beth!  Erica (in the center of the pic) and I also grew up together at church.  We went to the same elementary school and were involved in all the same activities as we grew up.  Again, it was a honor to have Erica help with my shower.  Thanks Erica!

They did a wishing tree where everyone could write their wishes to Baby W.  I have so much enjoyed reading them.  A lot wished for him to be a good sleeper.  Me too!  :-)  Also, Ali wished for him to be good friends with Wyatt.  Me too!  :-)  There were many more sweet wishes. 
 
I plan to put them together for Baby W in his baby book. 

Baby W received so many nice gifts.  I'm not going to overload you with too many pictures of me opening all of Baby W's gifts.  There are way more but here are just a few of them.
Matt came and helped eat some of the yummy food and load up the goodies. 

A big thanks to my photographer of the day! 

I gave the ladies pastel scarves as a hostess gift and they were all so sweet, making over them.  :-)  I was happy that they seemed to like the scarf.  Here I am with these beautiful, lovely, generous ladies! 

I just can't wait to meet this special little boy who is obviously well loved and already spoiled with all kinds of goodies.  I look forward to our next trip to Grundy with Baby W.  Hopefully, we can bring him back in the late summer to introduce him to all these generous people that showered him with much love and gifts!

1 comment:

  1. Steph...I'm so excited to find your blog! I am enjoying it TOO much. Can't wait to see baby pictures on here!

    ReplyDelete