Saturday, February 12, 2011

Week 27

Week 27

Size of baby: size of a eggplant, again

This week:  It's been a busy week and really went by fast.  We have several busy weekends coming up so I think these next few weeks are going to fly by.  Work has been busy and I have been putting in quite a bit of time to it lately.  I love my job so I really don't complain too much even when it's a busier week.  I feel a little bit bad for Matt though because it left him starting dinners most nights this week in order for us to get to eat by 7.  Luckily, I have a wonderful husband that is a very good cook and will help out in that way whenever asked. 

We finished up our labor class this week.  Matt's parents went to a grandparents class the same night so I think they are ready!  My parents are just going to wing it since they live so far away and there aren't those sort of classes at hospital in Grundy.  :-)  I feel certain that Baby W is going to be spoiled by both sets and that all of them will qualify as wonderful grandparents so I don't have any worries.  The labor classes were well worth it, I think.  I liked the nurse that taught it and would love it if she was my nurse!  I came into this week with a few questions from last week so felt better to get those answered.  I also felt as prepared as anyone else in the room so, all in all, I feel a little more calm about it.  I have a lot of good friends who have just been through it that I can ask questions if I need to.  When we get to that point, Matt and I will just remind ourselves of the prize at the end and getting to see Baby W for the first time will make it all worth it, right?!  :-)  (Don't anyone tell me differently...I really don't want to hear any horror labor stories!)

I feel ok.  I don't want to be a complainer (although I sound like I'm complaining here) and have honestely had a good pregnancy.  I am stilll having these darn leg cramps that are ridiculous.  All in all, if that's the worse thing then it can't be all that bad.  Anyways, they wake me up all night.  (Sometimes 3-4 times a night.)  I do think wearing the compression socks during the day works and I have little to none the nights that I have worn them, but I only have one pair so I can't really wear them everyday.  I'm going to invest in another pair though since they do help.  Also, my back is still hurting me some.  I have been taking Tylenol and that helps but the best relief is laying down.  So, with the leg cramps, backaches, and getting up to go ot the bathroom, my sleep at night is interrupted to say the least.  I guess that's the way it will be for a long time, since Baby W will be up at night once he is born, so I might as well get used to it!  Other than those few symptoms, I feel great!  So, I guess I should consider myself lucky.  I don't really hear anyone else complain about leg cramps but my doctor says it's pretty common.

I really don't have any cravings.  I eat a lot of oranges so if I picked one thing that I crave, it would be an orange.  I probably have one everyday.  My boss always likes to comment on my orange that is sititing on my desk.  It's a pretty healthy thing to crave at least!  The other thing I like which is really odd to me is chomping on ice.  Not exactly sure why but I try not to do that too much since it's not really good for your teeth to chew on ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment