Sunday, February 13, 2011

Matt's Birthday Weekend

We are just wrapping up a busy weekend full of fun festivities.  It's too bad that I don't have very many pictures to share from our weekend, but here is a full out recap of the weekend for anyone who cares to read it. 

Friday morning, Matt woke up not feeling the best in the world with a little cold.  Not the best way to start out your birthday!  He's still a little congested, but really hasn't complained.  Anyways, I have been asking Matt for weeks for ideas on what to fix for his birthday and he really wasn't committing to anything.  I offered up my mom's from scratch chicken dumplings, my grandmother's country fried steak, steak, or anything else he came up with.  I think his procrastinating was because he's seen my long days at work and how tired I have been and felt bad to ask me to cook for him and also because he tends to procrastinate sometimes.  :-)  I also offered up different desserts without a real answer on that one either.  So, friday morning, I told him he had to give me something for us to do so he told me he wanted to go to Edo Squid.  It's an Italian restaurant in the fan that we love.  Matt, I will make you fancy dinner in the next week or so...I promise! We enjoyed our nice dinner out.  Matt had the Shrimp Diablo and I had Clams in Red Sauce.  We tend to order the same thing every time we go.  And, also, we had to get the Calamari.  It's the best I've ever had.  So, we topped it off with a Cannoli.  Not a bad dinner at all!

We came home to open gifts. 
He had so many cards to open.  He got a VT tailgating accessory to keep his drinks chilled and a Wii game from my parents.  My sister got him an amazon gift card which he will put to good use.  I really didn't have any great ideas this year but really just wanted to get him something that we could do and enjoy together.   So, I got him a grill cover and the baseball package.  I told him that he and Baby W could enjoy watching baseball together this year.  The other gift was that we are going to take a cooking class together at Sur La Table.  I wasn't sure if Matt would love it, but he seems excited about it.  I think it will be fun to do together.

Saturday morning, Matt requested that I make him Gorilla Bread. 
It's a Paula Dean recipe so, needless, to say, it's not healthy but did hit the spot. 

I had a bunch of errands to do and laundry and all those fun chores.  I told Matt he should enjoy a chore free day so he got to work on playing Wii games!  ;-)  After that, we had a little training session for Wally.  (I'll post more on that later.)  Then Saturday night, we had a very tame WheaAli party.  My best friend, Ali, has birthday this week as well.  We went out to dinner with friends and then out for ice cream.

Today, we finished up the celebrating with Matt's family.  Here are few pictures, courtesy of Matt's parents.
We had a delicious dinner and enjoyed playing a game that his parents got him.  He also got some shirts from his parents and his sister.  I wasn't very good and Matt had me as a partner and was getting annoyed.  He told me later after we got home that he was really giving me the stink eye.  Shew!  It was good to see Matt's sister.  Even though we live in the same city, we haven't seen each other in a while. 

So, tonight, the Wheawills are relaxing.  We had popcorn and a movie and are now off to bed.  Matt, I hope you had a great birthday weekend!  I love you sweetie!

PS  I just got a text that my friend Christie had her baby girl, Madeline, tonight.  She has had a rough couple of days with the stomach flu, which I think may have caused her to go into labor.  Madeline was born at 9:21 and was 7 pounds 4 ounces.  Christie reads my blog from time to time but probably won't be reading any time soon.  Madeline had a proud big sister, Olivia, that I'm sure can't wait to meet her. I'm so excited for their family and look forward to meeting Madeline.

No comments:

Post a Comment