Saturday, November 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Grandpa Bill

I have been blessed with wonderful grandparents. Every summer, I got to spend a week at my Grandpa Bill and Nanny's house. I also took 2 trips to Disneyworld with them. They had a camper and I remember how much I loved those trips. I have so many fond memories of spending time with them. We would work in the garden. Well, they worked and I played! Grandpa and I would go to a Cincinnati Reds game every year. I remember stopping on the way to the game to eat White Castle burgers and I loved the mini burgers. I loved the baseball games and I even had baseball cards that I collected for a little while. That was the era of Barry Larkin, Chris Sabo (aka "Spud"), Rob Dibble, Paul O'Neil, and Jose Rijo. My Nanny made me some very cute dresses and she also would make my baby doll a matching dress. I hope that my mom saved some of those and if Baby W is a girl, she can wear them! I only remember Grandpa yelling at me one time and it was when I was about to stick my finger in a fan because I was wondering what would happen. Not a very smart child. Thankfully Grandpa saved me on that one. :-)





Now, I don't get to see them as often as I would like.  Grandpa, I hope you had a great birthday and I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment