Sunday, June 12, 2011

Weekend Recap

It's been a relatively low key weekend, but I guess that's how it is with a newborn these days.  Matt, Charlie, Wally and I are settling into our new family life.  Poor Wally has been exhausted.  With Charlie and I around during the days, it's really interfering with his naps.

Charlie and I met Ali and Wyatt for lunch on Friday which was a great way to start the weekend.  Then Charlie and I decided to nap in the afternoon.  I haven't really napped much during the days since Charlie was born, which is kind of crazy that I don't take advantage of that time but I seem to have plenty of laundry, cleaning, and other items to take care of during his naps.  Anyways, Friday I decided that since he was tired, I would lay down and watch some TV and relax.  Two hours later, we both woke up.  Friday evening, Matt and I enjoyed a delicious dinner that our friend, Amy made for us.  Thanks Amy!

Charlie had a really good day on Saturday.  He was awake and alert all day.  He took a few 30 minute naps but no long ones.  In the afternoon, we enjoyed a cook-out at the Hamrick's house.  I realized on our way there that I had forgotten our camera.  Now, if we had forgotten the pacifier, we would have turned around for sure, but we decided to keep on going.  Luckily, our friend Michele took a few pictures of the sweet babies/toddlers.  (It's really a shame that I didn't take a picture of Charlie in his outfit yesterday because he looked super cute if I do say so myself.  These days, he's grown so fast that I'm not sure how much longer he is going to be his 0-3 month clothes.)



There are so many kiddos these days and they were all on the move.  Charlie is going to have so many friends to grow up with. 

Today, Charlie has been sleepy.  That's what happens when you spend the day and night awake!  Ugh!!  I thought he would sleep so good and he did go to sleep and sleep for the first 3.5 hours but then he stirred the rest of the night.  Matt and I were both up and down with him the rest of the night.  Matt mowed the lawn in the heat and I have done a little cleaning inside.  We are all resting this afternoon.



I have also been reading a little of the book, Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child!!  :-)  According to the book, 6 weeks is the magic number for a good sleeping baby.  Here's one Mommy that sure is hoping for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment