Monday, June 6, 2011

Congratulations Diane and Sean!

We have been busy little bees lately and haven't had any time for blogging.  In fact, picture taking has slowed down significantly in the last couple weeks.  This weekend, Matt and I took our first road trip with Charlie in tow.  We traveled to Roanoke to celebrate the wedding of my friend Diane.  Diane and I went to pharmacy school together and lived together during that time.  Diane is one of the most determined, hard working, and smartest people I know.  On top of that, she is a great friend and I was so happy that I got to be there with her.  She was glowing the entire weekend. 

The road trip part went really well.  Friday, we had a slight complication as we ended up getting stuck in traffic due to them shutting down the interstate because a semi was on fire.  We were about a mile from the incident so were too close to be routed in a different direction and it meant that we sat there for over 2 hours.  I definitely felt a little panicky the longer we were sitting there, but Charlie, on the other hand, did wonderful.  After I realized that we weren't going anywhere anytime soon and Charlie was crying because he was hungry, I just had to take him out of the carseat and feed him.  That is an advantage to breast feeding.  Matt and I changed his diaper and he went back into the carseat without problems.  He was a wonderful traveler. 

My mom, Charlie's Mim, came and helped keep Charlie. I can't say enough about how nice it was to have my mom there to help with Charlie.  My mom definitely spoiled Matt and I.  She helped us with soothing him at night and letting Matt and I get some extra sleep.  Mom couldn't believe how much Charlie has grown in 2 weeks.

Unfortunately, I didn't take many pictures, but Mom did get a few of us.  It was such a busy and fun weekend. Friday night, we got there in time to take Charlie to the hospitality room and show him off.  We put him in his Dog Gone Cute outfit.  :-)


Then, Matt and I went to the rehearsal dinner.  (We got a picture with Charlie before we left.) 


We owe my mom a huge thanks for keeping Charlie for us during all the festivities.   

I managed to get some time to do some fun girl things with Diane and the bridesmaids.  It was the first time since Charlie that I've managed to enjoy any pampering and I had a blast.  Charlie also worked wonderfully with feeding on my schedule.  I pumped a couple times so could try a couple of bottles which he took without problems.  I spent my day doing manicure, pedicure, hair, and make-up appointments with the girls.

The wedding was spectacular.  Diane was a beautiful bride.  Here is a picture of the lovely couple:

Matt and I got all dressed up and had picture sessions with Charlie before we went down to the wedding. 








Diane asked me to hand out programs for her since I wasn't able to be in the wedding.  I was so happy to get to be a part of it and enjoyed getting to see everyone as they came in.

The reception was a ton of fun. 


Mazel tov!

No comments:

Post a Comment