Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My First Mother's Day

As a little girl, I loved to play with baby dolls.  I loved to take care of them.  I always wanted to me a Mommy.  I have had a furry child now for 6 years.  The day that I found out that I was expecting, I truly could not have been more excited. 

I sure didn't know how special Mother's Day would be.  I don't think I can truly describe the joy that this year has brought me.  While there are many challenges and it's not always easy, it's the best job on earth!  I love our little family. 

Matt helped Charlie pick out something special for me.  While I'm sure I will love my massage, I could not have been more thrilled with the card.  It had a sticker for Charlie to wear that said I love my Mommy and a pin for me to wear that said My son loves me. 

On other news, my doctor who delivered Charlie is the sweetest person I know (and a wonderful doctor too).  She called me to wish me a Happy Mother's Day!  There sure aren't many doctors that would do that on a Sunday.  She said that she remembered how special her first Mother's Day was and she wanted to wish me a very happy one as well. 

We spent the day as a family and it was a truly special day with a lot of outside fun time.  Charlie was busy playing with all his birthday gifts. 

Here he is in his wagon
and playing with his sand table
Happy Mother's Day to my mom and mother-in-law.  Thank you for being such wonderful Mother's to Matt and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment