Monday, October 11, 2010

Hokie and Birthday Fun

This weekend, Matt and I traveled to VT to meet up with my parents and sister.  We celebrated birthdays, since Meredith's birthday was this weekend and mine is in November and I probably won't see them again until after I am, ahem, another year older (the big 3-0).  We had such a fun time being together. 

Friday night, we were exhausted by the time we got to the hotel and were ready for bed.  We had a little hotel drama:  I must start by saying I picked out our hotel and make a big mistake.  Matt and I checked in first and one of the toilets wasn't working.  So, we went to try to call front desk and the phone wasn't working.  So, we tried from the other hotel room and that phone wasn't working either.  So, we walked to the front desk and explained the situation and they immediately said they would switch rooms since they weren't booked.  Well, we did that and went off to meet the family while they were eating dinner.  We got back to the room and there were bugs in the room.  Apparently, that part of the region has a infestation with stink bugs outside and this hotel had them in the rooms.  At first, it seemed they were just on the ceilings.  It was disgusting and very apparent that my sister wasn't going to get much sleep.  So, we turned on the lights so Matt could kill the 20th bug to find them on my side of the bed, on the bed post.  Needless to say, I called down to front desk (thankfully, the phone worked in our 2nd set of rooms).  They offered our money back and later told Matt they refunded over $3,000 in hotel rooms the prior weekend.  So, at midnight, we all loaded our cars up and headed to the hotel across the street.  It was such a good decision and we all slept much better in the nicer hotel with more comfy beds and, best of all, with no stink bugs.  :-)

Saturday, we had a full day of tailgating.  The weather was perfect!  The game was good.  We saw VT beat Central Michigan.  It wasn't much on an exciting game, but I enjoyed seeing the Hokies.




Saturday night, we relaxed in our nice digs at the hotel.  We watched football, ate pizza and cupcakes, and played cards.

Sunday, we headed to the Chateau Morrisette winery for some brunch, wine tastings, and tours.  We had such a good time.

I would say it was a perfect weekend.  Of course, Sunday night, I had to rush home so I could meet Wyatt.  I will have to post pictures of the perfect baby in a separate post.

No comments:

Post a Comment