Sunday, October 18, 2009

The cHokies!

Ok, I'm a little bitter over our loss and my title is no way for a true VT fan to talk but come on! I did not like the game last nights at all. :-( Yuck!! I don't know what to say but Georgia Tech was pumped and they came out strong. Tyrod did pretty well, even helping score a TD. And, Ryan Williams is so fast! I wish I saw more of Bud Foster's defense during the 2nd half but, again, oh well.


With me working a lot this weekend, (1o hours, 2 days in a row. Don't feel sorry for me though because I volunteered for the punishment and I'll be happy in a couple weeks when I get paid.) Matt planned everything for a little football party. We had Mary Angela's pizza (the best pizza in the world! No competition!), brownies that were cooked to perfection (Go Matt!), and some delicious carrot cake that Matt's Dad brought. So, Matt may have made fun of my blog to some of his friends. So, I my response last night was that my next blog post would definitely have something about quarterback kneeling. (I know, I know...it's done all the time. VT does it too. Blah, blah, blah.) :-)

So, I'll say this...the Wikipedia defintion is this:
"In American football, a quarterback kneel, also called taking a knee, genuflect offense, or victory formation occurs when the quarterback immediately kneels to the ground after receiving the snap. It is primarily used to run the clock down, either at the end of the first half or the game itself, in order to preserve a lead or a win. Although it generally results in a loss of a yard and uses up a down, it minimizes the risk of a fumble, which would give the other team a chance to score."


I wanted to see GT play it out...not waste the last 1 min 47 seconds but I'm sure I would feel differently if the score was reversed in VTs favor.

VT losing was the most disappointing part of the football weekend with a close 2nd disappointment, being Alabama coming up to #1 ranked team according to the AP Top 25. Yuck, again! I think my attitude towards Alabama may have little to do with their football team but living in Tuscaloosa for a year, my hatred is well justified.


Hope everyone had a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment