Thursday, January 6, 2011

Week 22

Week 22

Size of baby: size of a papaya
Total Weight Gain: 6.5 lbs (gained 4 pounds since last visit)
This week: I went back to the doctor this week.  I actually have been to the doctor twice in the last couple days.  I got a cold that started on last Saturday and it has really done a number on me.  It absolutely wore me out.  I had this awful cough which was followed with all this congestion and a sore throat.  For those that know me, I'm not the best sick person and could possibly be a little whiney.  Everytime I get sick, I proclaim that I may die.  Well, I did good with the cold until Tuesday night and that's when I told Matt that I might not make it which he reminded me that I was going to have to toughen up if I was going to go through childbirth.  My poor doctor has no clue that I'm such a wuss.  I'm sure at least once during childbirth, I will announce that I'm going to die.  Poor Matt!  :-)  Anyways, normally with a cold, I'm a big fan of pseudophed but since I'm pregnant, I have very limited OTC options to treat my cold.  Finally, after my near death experience on Tuesday night, I had to go in to my family practitioner on Wednesday.  Also, I found out Tuesday that my sister had strep and since she was here this weekend and my throat was killing me (literally), I was afraid that I had strep.  He told me everything that I already knew...Since it's viral, an antibiotic won't do any good.  Of course, sometime viral infections can turn into bacterial infections.  I don't have strep, thankfully.  What he told me that I didn't know was that the reason my throat was so sore is that I have blisters in my throat.  So, I came home after the doctors appt and rested for the rest of the day.  I think I am somewhat better today.

Today, compared to yesterday, was a more fun appointment though.  I had another ultrasound.  Although, by hardheaded baby did not cooperate again.  :-(  Actually, we got to see a lot and everything looks really good.   He just wouldn't show us this right arm and she didn't get to see everything about his heart that she wanted to see.  Baby W was all spread out and not in a pretzel like last time.  The big problem is this time his back was towards my belly and his face and belly were facing my back which was making things hard on the ultrasound technician.  She liked everything that she saw but she needs to see him for a 3rd time.  My doctor is recommending that I get a 3D ultrasound so that way if he doesn't cooperate, they can still see everything.  I guess either way I get to see him again and I love seeing him.

It was a lot of fun to see him this time, compared to last.  I was a little less worried and I loved how much the ultrasound technican talked to us through all the different images she was getting.  She pointed out all his organs and spent about 30 minutes or so looking at him.  Baby W weighs 1 pound 1 ounce.  The ultrasound tech also said that I'm about 4 days ahead of schedule according to measurements so maybe Baby W will come a little earlier than 5/12.  :-)  Now that I am feeling Baby W move, I told the ultrasound tech where I was feeling him and she would tell me what body part I was feeling.  At one point, I felt his little butt pushing up against my stomach.  He was kicking and moving all around.  Baby W's HR was 154.  My doctor gave me an excellent report.  She did reassure me that my cold was not affecting Baby W.  My blood pressure was great and she was happy about my weight gain.

Matt and I are still throwing around names so we haven't decided.  Once we decide, we aren't keeping it a secret so maybe in the next few weeks, Baby W will have a name.  I like the name Baby W, though, for now. 

In some ways, it feels like time is flying by.  Baby W's room is coming right along.  His room is painted and I owe a big thanks to my friend Amy for doing such an excellent job.  I have picked out his crib and his other bedroom furniture is getting moved into his room next weekend.  My mom and I went out and looked at Babies R Us while she was in town and picked out all kinds of fun items for him.  I'm super excited about his bedding.  May will be here before we know it but I am loving all of the fun stuff leading up to the arrival of Baby W.

No comments:

Post a Comment