Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas Recap

We had a wonderful Christmas and it just flew by even though we managed to spread it out and celebrate with different friends and family for a little over a week.  This year we spent Christmas with the Wheawills.  This was my first Christmas working with the state and I loved all the time off that I got around the holidays. 

Matt and I cooked dinner for the Hamricks so Ali and I could do our Christmas together on the 23rd.  On the 24th, Matt and I went to see a movie during the day and then headed over to his parents.  We had a nice dinner, and while we were eating Wally provided us some dinner music.

 After dinner, we had a nice visit which and Dick read us Twas the Night Before Christmas and the Christmas story from the bible.  I love this tradition.  I can't get enough of hearing the Christmas story read from the Bible. 


Here Matt and I are ready to head out to Christmas Eve services.
Later that night, we came home and had Christmas together. I'm so lucky to have a wonderful husband that makes me feel special everyday. The next morning Santa came and as you can see Wally was very excited about his toy that Santa left.


On Christmas Day, we went back over to Matt's parents. We had such a nice day. I love all the traditions that the Wheawills do and enjoyed being a part of it.


We started by eating a nice breakfast and then getting into our stockings.  Wally enjoyed getting his first and getting to chew his rawhide Christmas card.






 After stockings, we had a nice time opening our presents.
 We got several gifts for Baby W. 






We munched all day and just had such a nice day together.  We played a couple games and relaxed around the fire. 
We even got a white Christmas this year.  It was so pretty to look out the window and see the snow. 

My parents and sister came to Richmond late late Wednesday night.  We did our Christmas with them on Thursday night and then we spent New Years together.
(I look awful. I ate too much and I was so hot when this picture was taken.)












Poor Dad!  Meredith talked him into taking her toenail polish off for her so she wouldn't mess up her fresh manicure.


 My parents and sister got to meet Wyatt for the first time. 
Wyatt and I got some good cuddle time, which made Wally jealous so Matt had to take a picture.

I can't believe the holiday came and went so fast.  I'm so lucky to have such wonderful family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment