Things about you this month
Your memory skills are really great and I can see such a difference. With that skill, comes a little frustration as once you have determined that you want to do something dangerous or get into something we don't want you to and we are trying to redirect, it's pretty impossible. You may give up but you are likely to go back within the day to retry. You are obsessed with going outside. You love to help Mommy water flowers and think it's pretty funny to get sprayed a little with the water hose.
You stopped taking a bottle this month. You gave it up pretty easy or so I hear. You did it at your Pops and Mim's house so I don't really know how Mim did it. She tells me it was easy though. Next year, they can potty train you!! :-)
We have been able to go to church a lot this month and you are really loving the nursery. You seem to be one of the only little boys in your group which doesn't seem to bother you at all. You get excited to go in and play with the toys and the nursery workers always tell us how good you did.
- At the zoo, it would be a toss up on which you enjoyed most: the ducks or the walk-in aviary. The zoo was very hands on. You fed the birds which landed on you in the aviary. You got to feed the giraffe's which is definitely high up on your list of things that you enjoyed. They also loved you since you were doing so good feeding them. You even got a lick on the head from a giraffe. Anyways, after we got home, you spotted a bird on our fence in which you tried to hold your arm out to get it to land on you. When I told you, no, that it would come land on you, you started quacking at it.
- You love to dance.
- Your Pops likes to laugh at you. It's very sweet to your Mommy's ears to hear the joy that you have brought him, your Mim, and all of us. You also laugh A LOT at him. :-)
- Your Aunt Meredith has a cute video of you snorting.
Firsts during the month:
- You had your first stay at Mim and Pop's house without Mommy and Daddy
- You love to be outside but prior didn't really care too much about exploring the yard. You were just as happy on the deck but this month, you have discovered the yard and want to be out there so you can pick up pine cones.
- You rode your first carousel this month. It was from the quarter machines. You also rode a fire truck and a few other toys.
- You played with a lot of kitty cats this month and LOVE them. You even got scratched by one. That's not a great first but it was a small scratch that healed nicely and quickly. It didn't seem to stop you from wanting to play more with the kitty cat the next day.
- Not a lot of new words this month but I think you are saying out when you are ready to go outside and also grunting "uh" when you want to be picked up.
- You are making the vroom sound when playing with cars and or getting rides on your fire truck car that your Grandpa and Grammie got you for your birthday.
- You Mim and Aunt Meredith tell me that they think you are saying something that sounds like Kitty Cat which you consistently said around the cat.
- You also seem to say they same thing when you want us to come and play with you or you want to play with an animal and get it to chase you. Wish I knew what you were saying but it's pretty consistent.