Friday, August 5, 2011

Thanks Mim

My mom left our house on Thursday but had been here for about 2 weeks.  She rearranged her schedule to come early after I called her, telling crying to her that I had mastitis and Charlie wasn't sleeping.  Matt had a boys weekend planned, with their annual decathlon, which they all look forward to every year and I didn't want him to miss it.  However, I was slightly majorly nervous about being by myself with Charlie, given my state of sleep deprivation and my own physical condition which I won't go into but let me say that I have struggled through this breastfeeding and am still struggling but am currently sticking with it for Charlie.   Anyways, after mom threw her stuff together and came on, she immediately pitched in and even took some of the night shifts that weekend so I could sleep.  I went back to work part time on the Monday following and was having anxiety about it so Mom helped me iron clothes, vacuum, etc. to make me feel more prepared.  Actually, she pretty much did everything so I could spend my time with Charlie.   For the last couple of weeks, on top of keeping Charlie, mom did the housework to include laundry, cleaning, cooking, etc.  She prepared Charlie's bottles, organized my breast milk in the freezer, and even pack my lunches for work.  For those that know my mom, none of this would surprise you because she is always such a hard worker.  I have never seen her sit and be waited on, which I hope one day that she will let me do for her.
(This is for a project that I am currently working on for Charlie.  Will post more about it when I'm done!)

Mom, I think you know how thankful I am for all your help but I want you to know that I'm thankful to have such a wonderful mom who really works too hard at times.  I love you!  You outdid yourself the past couple weeks, but will never admit it.  I can't say enough about how nice it has been to start back to work and be able to come home everyday and just focus on Charlie and not have to worry about any of the other stuff, which has to be done.  I realize that I had it really good and it made going back to work so much easier.  Matt and I appreciate all your help.  Thanks again for taking care of our boys!  Charlie and Wally love their Mim and I will miss you immensely.  :-)
I would be remiss to not mention that over the last 3 months, I have a new found amount of respect for all those moms that do it on their own...whose husband is in the military or they are a single parent and doesn't have support from family.  I am fortunate to have a supportive hands-on husband who loves being a dad.  Matt works very close to home, comes home for lunch, and has a very predictable work schedule.  I also have a wonderful and supportive mother- and father-in-law and sister-in-law in the same town.  All of which who have been able to help with Charlie and Wally over the last few months when needed.  They are a huge support system.  And, my family, who lives farther away than I like, but make the trip to Richmond as often as they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment