Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Happy 3 months Charlie from your Mommy

 
Charlie,

You are growing way too fast. Another month has flown by. You had many adventures. You went to the beach for the first time with your mommy and daddy. You met your Pops, Mim and Aunt Meredith there. You also traveled a whole 9 hours (give or take) to Kentucky to meet family. The drive took us a long time but you were a champ for both long road trips. You are a great traveler so far!

You are a happy baby and are much more interactive which has been a blast. You babble and laugh and it's the cutest thing your Daddy and I have ever heard. We love hearing your noises and love that you talk back to us and tell us stories.

This month you discovered your hands and everyday you look at them more and more.
You also discovered your feet. While you can't figure out how to use your hands to touch your feet, you love to look at your feet and laugh and talk to them.

You are loving your toys and have a few favorites.


You love for us to read to you and we love it too.
 

You are noticing your big brother these days.
 
Wally loves to be in the same room as you too.

As you can tell, we have enjoyed playing with you this month and loving on you.

You love love love bathtime and it's so much fun to watch you play in the water.  You are so very sweet after your baths.

As for other fun facts, you started daycare on Monday and your mommy went back to work full time. Prior to that, we had 2 weeks of Mommy working part time and transitioning back to going back to work.  While going back to work has been hard, I love to carry pictures of you around.  I have a lot of people to show them to and it's so much fun to talk about you even though you aren't around.  You have enjoyed a good visit with your Mim this month. You had a day with your Aunt Courtney and your Grammie too. 

You last weighed about 15.5 pounds at the doctors office. I estimate that you are 16 pounds. I know your length has increased too as I can tell it in your clothes. You are still wearing 3-6 month and 6 month clothes. You are in size 2 diapers but I don't think that's going to be for much longer as they seem a little snug. You eat about 4 ounces every 2-3 hours. Most of the time you do make it 3 hours but sometimes you get hungry before time and I feed you on demand which I am excited that your daycare is going to continue. I think you and I need to be on a schedule though and I am hoping you will naturally fall into one.

You still seem to battle some reflux which stinks. I hate to see you dealing with tummy pain. Otherwise, you are a very happy, healthy baby. You continue to not be a great sleeper, but you did sleep through the night one night this month so I'm hopeful that we are on the cusp of many more. Your mommy likes to dream of that anyways.

You have excellent head control. We can tell a huge difference in just a couple of weeks. You like to sit up. You use your bumbo some and seem to enjoy sitting in it and playing.
You have no interest in rolling over so that may not happen for a while.

Your daddy and I are amazed at your poops. I never understood why our friends always talked about their babies poops but I now understand. This is a very normal occurence these days.
Sorry for sharing your dirty laundry!

We love you so much baby boy and are excited for the future months. I look back and can't believe how much you've changed in just one month. Time surely does fly. I don't even know how your daddy and I made it without you. You melt our hearts daily.

I love you so very much!

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness! he looks so much like you now, Stephanie! we need to see him again soon before he gets any bigger!

    ReplyDelete