Friday, April 15, 2011

Week 36

Week 36

Size of baby: size of a crenshaw melon

Total Weight Gained:  21.5 pounds

This week:

What a big week!  Yesterday was pretty busy.  I had my 36 week appointment.  However, Wally scared Matt and I to death yesterday morning.  We always give him a treat before we leave the house so, we did just the ordinary but Wally got choked.  It was quite possibly the scariest thing I've been through with Wally.  Bless his heart, he was trying to get it up but wasn't able to.  He looked so helpless.  Matt tried getting it out but it was too far back so then I tried without success.  He was producing a little saliva but he was just making this horrible choking sound.  By this point, I was worried he was going to stop breathing.  I freaked and did everything you are not supposed to do.  I cried hysterically, started pacing back and forth.  Matt continued to try to work with Wally.  I have to say he was doing so good with him.  He kept talking to him and we were both, saying, "Come on Wally.  Keep trying.  Come on.  Stay with us."  He even tried to do the Heimlich on the dog.  It was very emotional.  I told Matt to go to the vet with him.  So, Matt grabbed his leash and they left within seconds of me saying to go.  Wally was able to walk out the door and even started running when Matt ran to get him to the car.  (In the meantime, I needed to get myself together to go to the doctor so I called my mom hysterically crying because she tends to be able to calm me down.)  Matt said he got a few blocks down the road and noticed that Wally wasn't making the choking sound anymore so he looked in his mirror and Wally was sitting there looking out the window with his normal goofy looking smile.  So, Matt pulled over and sure enough, Wally was fine.  He got it down!  Thank goodness.  It was pretty awful and I have to say Wally got a lot of extra loving yesterday because of it.  He came straight in and went over to where the treat was and tried to finish the part of the treat that he didn't choke on.  Stupid dog. We traded that out with him for a piece of bread covered with butter, which I think hit the spot.  Matt said that Wally was going to put me in labor! 

After the trauma, off we went to the doctor.  By that point, I was exhausted and running right on time with no minutes to spare.  Matt dropped me off at the door and went and parked.  Luckily, we made it all in time.  The ultrasound was first.  Matt and I saw Charlie for what I think will be the last time on ultrasound.  His head is down.  He's measuring at 6 pounds 12 ounces (that's the weight that I was when I was born!) and is in the 77th percentile.  The ultrasound showed my due date as May 4th this time.  The ultrasound tech said he has a chubby little face and he has hair!  Matt and I didn't have much hair when we were born so we'll see how much he actually has.  He was moving around and breathing well on his own.  The tech was very satisfied with what she saw.  Charlies HR was lower than normal at 128 but maybe he was resting after all our excitement earlier!  :-)

My blood pressure was excellent (120/84).  My doctor is impressed at how well I've done throughout this entire pregnancy and so am I.  Pregnancy isn't easy but compared to a lot of ladies, I've had a really good pregnancy and no complications.  Thank goodness!  I am not dilated yet which wasn't too much of a surprise but I'm 50% effaced so my body is preparing.  My doctor said she would take Charlie as early as week 39 but wouldn't let him go past week 41, if I don't go on my own.  At this point, Matt and I have decided we want Charlie to come on his schedule so we'll just wait and see.  If I don't go by week 40, we may talk about inducing but that is still a ways away and hopefully Charlie will decide he's ready so we don't have to make that decision.  I'm kind of hoping for a Mother's Day gift. 

After my doctors appt, I came on in to work and they threw me a very sweet baby shower luncheon.  Charlie got some more goodies and we also played the game of  "How big is Stephanie?"  Some of my coworkers were kinder than others.  :-)

This past week has been excellent.  I had a blast this past weekend at the baby shower that was thrown for me by Ali (will do a separate post) and enjoyed a good visit with my Mom and Dad.  Matt and I cooked lunch for our parents on Sunday, which was a lot of fun too.  The weekend flew by and it was jammed pack.  My mom and I worked on a sewing project that I'm going to try to work on some more this weekend.  I'll post pictures on it as well. 

I've felt really good this week and have no real complaints.  Charlie is lower which is actually giving me some relief.  No indigestion and no kicking me in the ribs!  I can't wait to meet our baby boy soon but until then I will keep updating with my progress as I have weekly appointments until he comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment