Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy Retirement to my Wonderful Mother-in-Law and the next...

Walmart Greeter! 

As promised, I wanted to post pictures from the retirement party that we threw for Debbie, Matt's mom.  Debbie has been excited about this day for a while.  Matt, Courtney (Matt's sister), and I decided that we would plan her a surprise party to help her celebrate her retirement.  The day was a great day and I think Debbie thoroughly enjoyed herself as we all gave our congrats.   

The invitation:
The food, of course:  (No party is complete without good food!)

We set up the appetizers outside for people to munch on until the guest of honor arrived.


Here are some of the yummy food and a lot of empty platters:
(Sorry, after it was serving time, I was busy hostessing and not taking pictures.  But I assure you, it was delicious.  I'm posting recipes later.)


The Grill Master:

The cake:


The weather ended up being wonderful and such a good crowd came to show their love and support.  I truly think Debbie saw how much she means to all of us.
    
 
Debbie told us she still feels like she is on vacation.  We are excited for you, Debbie, and hope you continue enjoying your permanent vacation as you take time to travel and relax. 

No comments:

Post a Comment