Sunday, August 22, 2010

Crabfest


My wonderful husband and I had a great time last weekend with friends at the Crabfest.  I had a good friend from college, Adrienne, in town.  We had such a great visit and caught up just like old times.  Adrienne is such a fun smart girl and it's just been way too long since we last hung out.

Matt had his good friend that he grew up with, Andy, in town.  We don't get to see Andy and his wife Liz often enough but always enjoy hanging out with them.  We missed you, Liz, and look forward to seeing you in October, hopefully.

I learned that Andy is a faithful blog follower.  Hope you can forgive me for being a week behind in making you famous on the blog.  :-) 

Anyways, here are some pictures from our fabulous time with friends.

We enjoyed delicious crab, shrimp, hotdog (I actually can't stand hotdog, but I did eat one with a lot of ketchup, mustard, and relish.  Not sure I tasted the meat.), corn on the cob, and desserts.  I will say that the crab is so much work and not near as much fun as it used to be growing up when my dad would do all the work for me.  :-) 

After we ate, we spent the afternoon relaxing and enjoying the beer.

Since, this was a JMU alumni fundraising event, the Duke dog joined us.
Dave and Lyndsay live close the event and they graciously hosted us at their house before and after.  Here's a picture with Lyndsay and I (not sure what is going on with my hair):
And, of course, Dave and Lyndsay:

I can't tell you how happy I am about Baby Hamrick.  I am one excited honorary aunt.  Isn't Ali cute?  She is the best pregnant gal for putting up with all us silly silly people and driving us!

And look who else is excited... (Sorry Matt!  Couldn't resist posting this one. 
Not sure what Mark thinks of you kissing his wife's stomach.)

The proud parents by themselves...
The weather was wonderful all day.  Such a great time with friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment