Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ah, the nice weekend...

This weekend was a lot of catching up....hence, 2 blog posts in one day after a month of being inactive.  It was nice to be at home this weekend and feel like we didn't have much to do.  Friday night, we went to the Flying Squirrels (San Franciso Giants AA affiliate team) baseball game.  We had a nice time catching up with some of our friends and Matts family.  Saturday, I did some Spring cleaning in the kitchen (cleaned the refrigerator out, microwave, and oven).  I also had plenty of laundry to do.  Last night, Matt and I joined up with a crew last night to go listen to a band and be outside in the beautiful weather. 

I was excited to get to work on some plants today.  I wanted to do some planting in containers so Matt and I went out and got some plants.  I normally just buy them after they are put together.  But, Matt and I watched a HGTV show on making garden containers and according to the gardener, the key is to do a flowering flower, something tall, and something that is flow over the side.   I'm pretty excited about my hanging baskets and my plants on the deck.  I don't exactly have a green thumb and am horrible about watering plants but I'm going to water more often and I'll post in a few weeks and let you know how I did.


Our herbs...

I planted these about a month ago.  They are still looking pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment