So, I feel like I need to get some very memorable moments on the blog. While I may not have pictures from everything we did, here's what we've been up to:
- Matt has worked hard on keeping up the yard chores. Charlie, Wally and I have tried to stay out of the way as much as possible.
- Charlie has had several sleepovers at his Grammie and Papa's house. He definitely makes himself at home over there and I think they are just fine with that.
- We spent a nice weekend with The Hamricks in Williamsburg.
- Matt and I took a trip with our friends, Dave and Lyndsay, to do a winery tour. Matt and I did this last year and I think it's definitely going to be an annual trip. We really enjoy doing a few tastings.
- Charlie and I met Mim and spent the night at a hotel, where we enjoyed the pool, and then headed on a trip to see my grandparents.
- We celebrated Independence Day with friends and did the cookout thing with the kids running around playing.
- We went to a Squirrels game. This was actually Charlie's third game but the first one where he paid attention. He kept wanting them to "hit the ball again."
- We celebrated Grammie's birthday. Charlie says he wants to have a birthday. He apparently doesn't remember the one he had back in May.
I'm sure there is more but with all that, we've managed to go to the pool some several times with friends. This boy is a water boy. We've played at home and done a few smaller outings like going to the Children's museum. We've cooked out a lot with friends and family.
We've enjoyed so many veggies this summer. Although, when asked, Charlie would probably tell you his favorite veggie is M&Ms. Don't let him fool you, I don't think he's passed up too many vegetables. I'm fortunate that he's not too picky.
Last night, Matt and I celebrated our 5th anniversary. While there may have been a flame a little before, we had our official first date the night before I moved to Alabama. I left not knowing what was going to happen and I think we both wondered if a long distance relationship was worth pursuing. Luckily, we didn't hesitate. I texted him within the first few days and even though he didn't see it and couldn't figure out why his phone was beeping at him, he called me within the first week. Matt said it well last night when he said thank goodness we gave it a shot because we have an incredible life with one another and an amazing family! In some ways, it seems like yesterday that we got married but in others, it seems like a lifetime away. Our life is so different now. I love seeing Matt as a Dad. I couldn't have imagined it getting better, but it sure has.
I'm sorry if I've left many of you hanging and you've missed out on pictures like this one.
I'm not saying goodbye to summer just yet. We have a few more fun things planned. Charlie is going to spend a week at Pops and Mims house and we are going to go to the beach for a week.
This week, I'll try to post a few videos we've taken over the last month.